My Infertility Journey : Why I'm Talking

Monday, May 13, 2013


Where to begin?! So much has happened in the last few months. So many doctor's appointments, so many emotions, so many tears... this is why I have decided to start a "series" of sorts. These blog posts will probably be uncomfortable for most people. Society is so hush hush about this subject. I suppose it's because no one really wants to talk about something so painful. It is an extremely sad topic and believe me, I remember thinking to myself in the past "Oh, I feel so sorry for that lady who can't have a baby. That would be so horrible. I can't imagine not being able to have children." I never knew what to say to those women. That's why I think we need to talk about it. I think it is important for people to try to understand and be informed about this topic so that they will know what to say and how they can help someone who is trying to cope with infertility.

The second reason for these posts will be purely therapuetic for me. I need to talk about it. I don't want to be secretive about what I'm going through and I don't want to have to put on a brave face 100% of the time. I don't want to try to hide the fact that I'm hurting and I need all the prayer and support I can get. If you can handle it I would love for you to join me on my journey and be there to cheer me on! Moral support is so much more helpful than you can imagine.

I have already been so blessed to have some amazing women in my life that understand exactly what I am feeling. God has used them to help me stay strong throughout the past year. I am so thankful for them... you know who you are, ladies!

Don't worry, I won't overwhelm you with depressing "infertile myrtle" posts! Right now I plan to talk about it once a week. I still want this to be a happy, crafty blog so don't worry about it being all gloomy from here on out! Infertility is just something I am going through... it's not going to define my life or steal my joy. I would love to hear what you think about this new series of posts. If you have any questions or topics you would like to see please let me know! Tata for now!
 
Hannah

4 comments:

  1. It is somewhat hard for me to respond, just for the plain fact that I stand on the other end of the spectrum.... But I did live four years trying and praying and crying. They were the LONGEST four years of my prayer-life. I still keep the bedspread that I had on my bed during that season of my life for all the tears I shed into it. The ache, I couldn't understand HOW God could allow one pregnancy.. but not another. Envied the mother's I saw in shops. Prayer.... Prayer works... and I will commit ALL the MORE to prayer on your behalf... and no, you aren't making me uncomfortable... I will strive all I can, from where I am to help lift you to the throne of Grace. May God go with you in this journey... You are loved....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, the pain is so real I can still feel it...even though GOD brought me thru it and I have 4 sons that are my life. But I remember trying for so long only to get pregnant finally then I lost the baby. I had worked so hard for that baby, doctors, medicines, temps, calendar, just everything!! I finally got preg again only for them to tell me I'd most likely miscarry again, I was on bed rest...Kyle was a twin, one lost early on then Kyle 10wks early and so tiny...so afraid he would not make it. He was 7 1/2 yrs of trying!!! Then 3 more years of trying till Blake....and then GODs surpise...no trying and Isaac came along...when Drs said it was impossible!!! It is possible, just dont give up and pray!!! It is so hard to see others preg....that was the hardest to smile on the outside and be crying on the inside as your arms ache to hold your own baby....but hang in there!!! You are so loved and I feel GOD will answer your prayers with a baby of your own. I'll continue to pray for you as I am sure so many others are. Love you sweet girl!!!! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found this post and your blog through Pinterest - someone has pinned this photo - I'm also dealing with infertility or sub-fertility as I like to think of it so of course I went down the rabbit hole to see where the photo led.

    Thank you for being honest - I think it's something that so many of us hide away and that just makes it even more lonely and harder - we're lucky to have an amazing 3 year old daughter - but it took a couple years to get pregnant with her and we haven't had any luck a second time and it's really hard.

    Wishing you all the luck in the world - these little people are the most amazing gifts.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs